Bill Maher hosts HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher”. He is one of the high-priests of the new religion of Progressive Politics. During last Friday’s show Maher went on the attack of African-American surgeon, Dr. Ben Carson. It is interesting to compare the credentials of both gentlemen, starting with Carson:
- Carson was raised by a single and poor mother in inner-city Detroit.
- He graduated from high school with honors.
- Undergraduate degree was in psychology at Yale University.
- Graduated University of Michigan’s school of medicine, focusing on psychiatry and neurosurgery.
- At 33 years of age, Carson became the youngest physician to head a major division at Johns Hopkins.
- Carson was the first surgeon to separate conjoined twins at the head.
- Carson is a director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins, as well as a professor of neurosurgery, oncology, plastic surgery, and pediatric medicine.
Now let’s take a look at Maher’s resume:
- Born in a well-to-do white family with his father, William Maher Sr., being an editor for NBC.
- Graduated with a degree in English from Cornell University in 1978.
- Appeared in comedy clubs in New York and Los Angeles.
- Had bit roles in films and television including D.C. Cab (1983); the TV series Sara (1985); and Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death (1989).
- Maher made stand-up appearances on The Tonight Show and Late Night with David Letterman.
- In 1993 he began Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher. The show was canceled in 2002 after Maher said that the United States had been more “cowardly” than the 9/11 terrorists for using cruise missiles.
- Since 2003 Maher has hosted HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher.
So we have African-American Dr. Ben Carson, who came from poverty to become a self-made world-famous surgeon. He has saved countless lives and served many thousands. On the other hand we have Bill Maher, who came into this earth with a silver spoon in his mouth and his lily white. His only claim to fame is that he makes some people laugh and others cry. Not one life has been saved by this gentleman. With this background, he has the gall to say of Dr. Carson:
“And he [Carson] believes the Earth is 6,000 years old, and that homosexuality is akin to bestiality, and that the Bible calls for a flat fax. He’s half brilliant brain surgeon, half Tea Party dumbass. He doesn’t just operate on conjoined twins, he is one. “He’s also someone who many Republicans are encouraging to run for president in 2016, and why not. There’s no more attractive figure in the Republican Party these days than an anti-intellectual with an advanced degree. People like Antonin Scalia, Ted Cruz and Bobby Jindal who are accomplished scholars on the outside, and on the inside a creamy layer of Michele Bachmann.”
Maher’s attack on Carson is a disgrace. It is typical of how white elitists treat successful African-Americans who do not ask for the plantation owner’s assistance. It is also an example of what serves for intellectual discussion on the Left. Instead of addressing issues, the Left attacks any who dares to disagree with their positions and responds with mudslinging and intellectual bigotry. If those who disagree with the Left’s neo-religion happen to have darker skin or be female, the attacks are especially gruesome. Their new fanaticism has dangerous similarities to fascism.