Administration Admits Al Qaeda Link to Libyan Attack
Posted by Steve Markowitz on September 27, 2012
Earlier this month America’s Benghazi, Libya consulate was attacked resulting in the killing of Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans. For a couple weeks the Obama Administration blamed the attack on ad hoc demonstrations in opposition of an amateur YouTube video that was offensive to Muslims. The Administration went out of its way to perpetrate this false conclusion. For example, on September 19 US United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice went on the talk-show circuit claiming the attack was merely the result of spontaneous protests; the subject of this Blog’s posting titled Obama Administrations Libyan Cover Up.
Now, some three weeks later, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton admits what many Americans knew the day after the attack given its occurrence on 9/11 and that it involved approximately 100 heavily armed fighters. The Benghazi attack was an act of terrorism that was planned and not caused by the offensive video. In fact, Clinton said it is likely that the terrorist organization al Qaeda was involved in organizing the attack.
Sen. Susan Collins, ranking member of the Homeland Security Committee, said: “The administration’s position seems to be evolving with the pass of each day”, and “I have been perplexed that the administration has been slow in coming to that same conclusion.” Ms. Collins is showing excessive civility and naivety with these comments. The Obama Administration is attempting to hide the reality behind the Benghazi attack for political gain. Calling it and the Cairo protests for what they are, terrorist and radical inspired, points to the failure of the President’s foreign policy in the Middle East and to the greater Muslim community.